My New Years day posting
By Joseph Roten
Thursday, January 1, 2015 at 14:45 GMT
(06:45 PST)
Today is New Years Day of the year
2015. It's a new year, a new start, a new chapter in life.
I realize that “New Years” is
nothing more than an arbitrary concept; an imaginary point in time
with no real meaning to nature or the cosmos. It's just something
that we humans use to keep our-selfs organized and functioning as a
society. It's kind of like hitting the 10000 miles point on a car
odometer; it has no real meaning, but is merely a marker to us, and
an excuse to pull over and indulge in a bit of junk food.
But New Years is a good excuse to
rethink our lives, address bad habits or create new good ones (New
Years Resolutions), and to close old journals and start new ones.
I'm afraid that I'm starting the new
year for a number of very serious problems. Most of which revolve
around money, or more specifically, my lack there of. So my primary
goal for 2015 is to generate as much money as I ethically and legally
can, and if not end the year on the positive side, at lease come
close to breaking even. In order to achieve this, I have decided the
best course of action is to create multiple passive, or near passive,
income streams. Or, to put it simply; to find a number of side line
jobs and day gigs, and for now give up the search for a full time
job. There are simply no full time jobs available right now for
someone of my age and skill sets.
And I'm thinking that blogging will be
one of those income streams. Hence, my motivation for writing this
morning.
So please consider this short post as
my first blog entry for 2015.
And to all, HAPPY NEW YEARS.
No comments:
Post a Comment